Positive Focus Sunday - Raspberries!



It seems these days the whole world is trying to knock us down. Things are happening - from armed conflict, school shootings to the price of gas and food. And no one can be faulted for feeling less than upbeat. 

And while mowing my yard in the humid heat of a North Carolina early evening, with sweat pouring off my face, I walked by my raspberry plants and noticed something.

Ripe raspberries!

Just a mouthful, but it's so promising. My 'rescue' plants are doing well and prospering. And in the middle of mowing, it was a nice rest break.

Then I started looking around the rest of the yard and was very surprised at how things are flourishing, despite my less than stellar care.

Borage is just overflowing! I am now at the stage where I need to think about transplanting a few to an area near the veggies.

My yellow rose, which has popped out a few flowers, I check on while mowing. There are a couple of large clusters of buds! I can't wait until they start opening.

In another bed, my China Family Heirloom Poppy is all set to open up a good half dozen flower in the next day or two. Another poppy, not sure what kind, will be blooming shortly. My Spotted Bee Balm, which has this large, unusual head, is getting ready to fully open. 

My Wild Bee Balm is a beautiful clump and the bees are loving it and the salvia next to it. The Voodoo Lily will be opening in the near future. 

All this blooming has me thankful and appreciative of the abundance. And thinking about seed saving to share with friends and to sow next year. 

That being said, it reminds me not to focus 'outside' of myself and my 'world' all the time. Sometimes we need to focus on the little things right at our own front door and see the world isn't all that crazy and negative. 

Go find the raspberries in your life! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts