Week in Review - May 2 - 8, 2022



It's been primarily about the garden recently.

Last Monday and Tuesday I was out in the yard. However, the heat and humidity hit early in the day and I couldn't do as much as I wanted. So Mother's Day was spent in the yard as it was cool and overcast.

One bed is 'complete' filled with tomatoes, potatoes (which are up) and a teepee for Italian squash and one for three varieties of pole beans. Also have bamboo stakes for the 25 tomatoes in that bed.

I am loving it as every time I dig in the back, I find tons of worms. The second bed in the back, which was really overgrown, was mown. Then 8 more baby banana trees dug up and I replanted 3 (so far) along the side fence. Raspberries are fruiting and I should have a nice harvest this year. Not enough to make jam, but enough to stuff my face with a time or two. 

The beds in the front of the house are doing well. Lettuce out my ears actually. But things like borage are doing well and blooming. I don't think I'll get much from my poppies this year, but have hopes they are established and doing well for next year. 

Wednesday I took a break from work and the yard and drove with Savvy to Raleigh to visit with a Miss Texas and helping her sort through her basement. Of course, that meant a stop at La Farm Bakery for lunch. 

I also have received a new Erin Condren calendar which will be for a future 'project'. But that's a whole different story.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Walked 23.1 miles
  • Got new tires for the 'White Knight'
  • Worked a shift at a different store

This coming week...

  • More transplanting of seedlings
  • Creating more garden beds for vegetables
  • Texter's birthday on Friday!
  • Full Moon ritual on Sunday

But for now, breakfast and off to work. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts