Writing Wednesday - Trackers and Tracking


Those who know me, know I love planning and planners. I am 'in' my planner at least twice a day, checking things off, making notes, jotting down ideas. 

Also, I watch a lot of YouTube videos on people who do the same thing. Some people do a lot of stickers and washi tape. Others are bare bones. Some do journaling in their planner. 

I think I am more of a middle ground planner. Sometimes I use stickers and tape. Other times it's just writing in things. Sometimes I use felt tip markers. Other times, like now, I'm obsessed with my fountain pen. 

But the one thing I can't do is use trackers!



Trackers are used by many people for noting such things as the amount of water they consume, how many steps they have walked during the day, did they take their vitamins, words written. You name it and there is probably a tracker out there for it.

The Virgo in me LOVES the idea of using trackers. And I have used grid-style and circular ones in the past. Color coded them. Circles to check off.

BUT I JUST CAN'T DO IT!

I'm a habit tracker drop-out!

I will be the first one to start a tracker at the beginning of the year, quarter or month. And I guarantee you, give me 2 days and it's over. I look back and it's a week or two later and nothing tracked. 

Will I say that I will never use a habit tracker?

Nope. I can't make promises I know I will probably break at some point. 

Hope lives eternal and maybe one day.

But for now, no trackers (maybe) except for my word count log. Is that really a tracker though?



Comments

Popular Posts