Food and Fiber Friday - WIP Update Among Other Things

 Not all my activity has been outside in the garden. I have been 'resting' and doing a bit of cross stitch. And if you could see the state of my home - well, let's say, I need to devote a bit more time to inside rather than outside.

Anyway...




This is my 'Willow Queen' by Mirabilia. I was almost down to doing the beadwork until the cats 'assisted' me and I put it up for a bit. Unfortunately, I decided early on to do the face and arms over 1 thread rather than over 2 threads. This makes the features more delicate looking. But for every 1 stitch, I have to do 4 stitches. Four tiny, tiny stitches. I'm regretting that decision at the moment.

Another piece I picked up instead is my 'Winter Fox'.




It's a fun piece to work on and I'm enjoying it. However, I am wanting to get things moving along and finished so I can start on a couple of larger pieces. 

Knitting and crochet is hanging out. I need to go through the projects sitting around the living room and decide which one to pick up and finish. I have a sweater to work on which I need to finish up so I can wear it when cooler weather returns.

On the food front, besides anticipating my future harvests, I have made Rocky Road Ice Cream twice now. It's yummy. And with a bonanza of mangos, I froze some for smoothies and made a bit of Mango Sorbet.  It makes a nice, light dessert.

And my wines and meads are chugging, or bubbling, along. I have bottled everything to date except for my Pear Wine and my Blueberry Wine. I need bottles for those. I have started a Strawberry Jam Wine, which if the smell is anything to go by, it will be heavenly. Plus a Strawberry Mead, which is very energetic! Next in my plans is some Peach Wine and Mead and then I will be just waiting for my brews to age. Looking forward to some nice sipping as it gets toward fall. 

But now I my thoughts are centered on fixing one more veggie bed. Another 4x16 feet and get it planted with some odds and ends. And the yard mowed. Loving the rain, but dreading having to mow the yard in the next couple of days. 




Comments

Popular Posts