Writing and Planning Wednesday - A Few Changes Coming

I love my Hobonichi planners. 

So much so, they have constantly been my go-to planners for almost 5 years.

However, they just aren't doing what I need them to do and I have found, after several attempts, I am not a multiple planner gal.

Some people have several planners they use. One as their 'main' planner and another one for something like their writing. Other people have 4-5 planners for various areas in their lives.

Personally, I can't do it. I've tried. But it just doesn't work for me. I start out with 2-3 planners and then it lasts only a week or two and I'm back to just one planner.

Unfortunately, with a Hobonichi, it is a bound planner and I can't add pages for notes, a to-do list, etc. I would really love to be able to have my list of projects for the week in the pages for that week so I can schedule them out across time. I would love to have a master monthly list of things I want to or need to get done during the month, but there really isn't any way to do so.

What's a planner gal to do?

She tries a different planner!





Erin Condren released their new planners recently and I bought an A5 size that is ring bound. It's also a daily planner, so I have a page for every day. 

This is a standard size for planners and I also purchased on Amazon blank paper and lined paper, pre-punched, so I can print out my HB90 planning pages which I can insert into the planner. 

I'll be able to print out my meal plan for the week and to have my weekly and monthly task lists which I can insert into the planner and move it around as needed.

July is the starting month for my EC planner and I am 'playing' with using the pages I plan to insert for now.




Printing out the pages have been a breeze so far. And for now, I am just slipping them into my Hobonichi at the appropriate week.

Will I completely give up on my Hobonichi?

NO!

The individual daily pages, which I really don't use, I will turn into my journal, so the planner will not go unused.

We will see, starting in July, how this new plan for planners works out. 







Comments

Popular Posts