Week in Review - April 25 - May 2, 2022



Actually, I am a bit lagging this Monday morning. Normally, I try and have this post written on Sunday, but it just didn't happen. So I'm writing it while waiting for the proper time to take Slider into the groomer for a bath and pedicure. Dog has a better lifestyle than I do!

Anyway...

This past week has basic been me pouting has I pour out money to rejuvenate the 'White Knight'. My car, I have had for 2 years now. And I bought him used. He was 'born' in 2017. All that I have done for the past 2 years is to get him regular oil changes. 

But he is now over 100k miles and I want him to last well into the 200k miles, which is very doable for a Subaru. And it's time now for 'things' to get replaced as they are wearing out...like brakes and control arms and bushings. All that stuff I have NO idea about. But I have to admit with what has been done, he is going along much better than he was over the past couple of weeks. 

I also FINALLY put the legs on the table I got from Savvy and Mr. Arizona. I was going to drag it upstairs and use it for my sewing table. But I changed my mind and replaced the antique drop-leaf table with this new-to-me table. I really, really like it there much better. 

Things in the garden are blooming like crazy! And I have TONS more to do. Plus the annual plant migration has started, with plants going from the inside to the porch for their summer vacation. Needless to say, I hadn't completely cleaned up and off the table outside, so that is on my to-do list. 

Savvy, who is awaiting the move to Arizona, spent Friday and Saturday with me. She accompanied me on picking up Lady K for the weekend and then on Saturday we trooped to the big Asian market across town for a 'stock-up' for her. It was a lot of fun to have her to myself for a few hours.

I also went to one of my library branches nearby for a fun aromatherapy clay pendant class. We had a lot of fun sitting and talking and crafting. My pendant will be turned into a mobile soon.

This coming week...

YARD WORK!

My list is becoming bigger than my yard itself. I do have to mow over the next couple of days off. And I'll probably divide it into two sessions of mowing.

I also have a lot of seedlings to get into the ground along with...

  • Set up squash and bean 'teepees' 
  • Clean up and create second bed for tomatoes
  • Transplant seedlings into larger containers until they are big enough to actually plant
  • Transplant all the flowers already big enough to set out
  • Re-do the 'fencing' around the beds
  • Create bed number 3 to start beans and corn in
  • Plant sunflowers around my 4x4 beds in front

But for now, it's Slider to the groomer, a trip to Lowe's for mulch, stakes, twine and fertilizer. Also, a stop at a local feed store for bean and corn seed in bulk. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts