Saturday Reads - Nope, It's About 2019 Planning!

I hit a brick wall reading recently and, in fact, have gone back and reread a couple of books which I have read before. There is a comfort in revisiting books you enjoyed in the past and are still on your shelves, ready to be read again.

But...


2019 Planning Party


Those who know me know how this caught my eye. Planning AND Quilting!

So let me lay out what I plan on doing in 2019. Well, at least at this moment in time.

First and foremost, my focus has to be on buying a house. 

That means getting my credit score up, my savings up and my spending down. Which means I need to maximize my hours I spend daily on my work-from-home jobs, try and wedge in some GameStop hours (which will go do almost nothing after Christmas) and, fingers crossed, getting the temporary full-time job with the 2020 Census. 

It also means I really need to grab all the money in that I can. And to minimize the money going out. One area I am going to concentrate on is food. I am ashamed of how much food we waste because I have to cook for an army on a daily basis and we aren't an army. So I need to plan food/eating much more carefully. 

Secondly, it's writing!

I enjoy getting words on paper (or computer). I love running ideas and scenes through my mind. I want to actually complete one of my novels this year! Which means I need to stop going off on tangents and concentrate. But I also want to put words out in the ether on a daily basis too. 

Therefore, I am reworking my 2018 NaNoWriMo novel, Fae Trouble (working title), and using Save The Cat! Write A Novel to firm it up and give me focus rather than just 'winging it'. I also plan on a blog post daily. Well, Mandala Monday will stay and it's not exactly writing, but it keeps my fingers in Photoshop and behind the camera, so I need that creative link.

Which brings me to the third part of my 2019 plans - 

ME!


Much like this poor avocado which has been shoved in the back of the car, driven across country in the past year, I'm still going strong. So much so, it has a third 'trunk' going up. And like me, it's awaiting a new 'home'. 

I know I have to have a way to unwind. To relax and recharge. I also have a sewing table on the other side of my desk which has become a catch-all over the past few months. And I have three cross stitch projects sitting in a basket downstairs.

I want to clean off/up my sewing table and my 2019 plan for quilting is pretty simple - complete one quilt top. I have a Judy Neimeyer quilt I started back in 2013 when I moved to Montana and it's about 1/4 of the way completed. It is a very technical, step-by-step, quilt top. Perfect for losing myself in the process of quilting.

So there it is, my 2019 plans distilled down to the essentials. Of course, living with Texter and Lady K is never simple. 

Oh, I forgot, I have to pull out a crochet or knitting project. Lady K has 'rehearsals' in January and February and I will be sitting at school two afternoons a week.


Comments

  1. Good plans. Best of luck with all of them. Maybe you can find a house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up with the Planning Party and I wish you the best in 2019. I hope having your goals outlined so clearly helps you achieve them and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There aren't many bigger deals than a house, so if you get that one all straightened out, you are doing very well. As for food, I feel like I waste too much too, even though with 6 in the household it does feels a little like an army. I could certainly benefit from adding that one to my goals as well. Best of luck with your writing and recharging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have chanced upon your blog. When my reading goes slow, I head back to the good old Agatha Christie's and teh speed goes up again. Hope the little tip helps. I hope to put my 2019 goals in place before the year ends and tag them at Quilting Jetgirl just like yo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome 2019! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best in 2019! Sounds like you have some good plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the house hunt. I remember how things were when I was looking for the house that I have. The best information that I can give you is to research, research, research . . .not just the house you are looking at but the area around it, and the neighbors, and how many roads are available to get to the house.

    The first year that I lived in my house I went out before the town held a parade. I tried to get home and could not use any of the roads that I was familiar with (this was pre-GPS). I finally figured out how to get around the parade and get home. . . but it took me quite a while. Then when Superstorm Sandy came through we went to help my parents with gas for their sump pump and, again, had a hard time getting home due to the flooding that was everywhere.

    I love to crochet so if you need a buddy let me know. You would be helping me stay on goal also.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals. Especially the house....but the quilting as well as it's you time! Getting savings up and spending down would be a real struggle for me. I hope that goals well with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts