Week in Review - December 23 - 29

One major holiday down and one more to go before things settle back down.

Well, as settled down as we get around here!

Most of the time this past week has been working at GameStop or at home. And then between working, I have been swapping out my room and Texter's. Since she is spending most of her time at Mr. Racecar's house now, I am staking claim to it. And loving it!


Large and airy and not cramped and crowded.

Before you ask/wonder, Lady K is with me for the most part. She will be going to school as usual from here. And much like before, I am the 'sitter'. With Texter working so many closing shifts at Lowe's, she wouldn't see her anyway. Also, a lot of my 'transportation duties' are now out of the way, since Mr. Racecar will assume them.

Lady K will be spending her weekends (when not at her dad's) with Texter and Mr. Racecar. Everyone is happy with the arrangement (as we speak).

I did hit the clearance shelves in the garden center at Lowe's one morning when I took Texter to work. 


A Spear Leaf Ivy for $1 and a bunch of plastic pot protectors for 10 cents each was my haul. All $4.05 with tax. The ivy is in great shape and now sits in my bathroom. I'll find a more decorative holder soon.

I did make two other purchases this week outside of what I had planned. 

The first was utilizing my $20 off coupon for Home Chef and getting a box of food. I spent it on 3 meals for 2 people, so a total of 6 meals. And at $30, that's $5 a meal. Still a little expensive, but I am going to give it a try. And then will probably cancel my subscription afterward or at least put it on hold. I am still conflicted about the true savings on such a subscription box. However, it will allow/force me to try new recipes.

The second is all about running low on coffee. And now that I have a coffee grinder, I splurged and ordered Death Wish Coffee. I ordered one Death Wish and one Valhalla Java Odinforce blend. While I normally drink Folger's on a daily basis, I am using it up and switching over (I think). It is more expensive, but my morning coffee is my 'treat' and how I start the day. Why not go for the good stuff?

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Started my reading/work in The Great Work
  • Finished 1 book
  • Have Lady K back in the house
  • Started back on Weight Watchers
  • Planned a week of meals

This coming week...

  • Back to school for Lady K
  • Lots more writing
  • Winding up 2018 and heading out into 2019 with excitement!

But for more, finishing up my Starbuck's Winter Roast coffee and eagerly awaiting my Death Wish Coffee arriving next week!



Comments

Popular Posts