Tuesday Sundries - What I'm Dumping in 2019!

Anytime the new year rolls around, we often talk about what we will we be doing in the coming year. But this year I decided I would also look at 'dumping' what isn't working or what is no longer pertinent to me and the path I am currently walking.

 

(Forgive my dirty trashcan. It's the one which is by my desk and gets the stuff from the vacuum cleaner emptied into it on occasion.)

But I have four areas I am cleaning/purging/dumping/trashing in 2019 and plan on getting them in order before the end of the year. Lady K goes to her father tomorrow so I will have two weeks I can do this between working at home and working at GameStop.

The first area is my files! I have two or three (maybe more) of bins which contain all kind of 'junk'. While the important items, like past tax returns and other information, will be staying, TONS of other folders need purging. I have patterns - knitting, crocheting, quilting - which I know I will never use and have carried around for years. I have several folders with 'ideas', journal fodder, articles I printed out and never read or followed up on. They are going into the recycling bin!

The second area is similar, but it's on my computer. My bookmarks. I will bookmark 'stuff' and have never gone back to it. Recipes, gift ideas, all the 'squirrels' I come across during my daily computer time. Some will go into the appropriate board on Pinterest (after all, that's what it's there for) and dump the rest into my computer trashcan. 

The third is rounding up my notebooks where I jot notes of things to do, blog ideas, book notes, etc., will be rounded up and gone through. I will have one notebook where I will keep what needs to be kept and acted on, the rest will be purged.

And fourth is my blog. I have a couple of items where I begin things like '101 things in 1000 days'. I find I start it and then forget it until much, much later. I don't have the time (or memory) to remember to follow up on it. Plus things change. So I am dumping those items. I'll still give heads up on what I am doing, but I am dropping the pressure of remembering to track these items.

So there it is. I'm trashing my life, but it will be for the best.

Comments

Popular Posts