Week in Review - December 2 - 8

The State of North Carolina has been waiting all week for our 'winter storm event'. Cookie even was keeping watch.


Woke up this morning to the sound of sleet on the window. 

We have a slight dusting of snow and it is now more sleet than snow. Hopefully, the front will be moving through and we won't get freezing rain and power outages.

I also woke up with a sore throat and runny nose!

Lady K battled a cold and cough this past week. I can't! I have to work again this afternoon in the evening at GameStop. So a quick post and then scrambled eggs and toast, some cold meds and back into bed!

Anyway...

Taking Texter to work on Friday, we turned the corner from our house and there was a HUGE pile of 'trash' by the curb.  And there were a couple of items which caught my eye. 



I stopped on my return and picked up the black shelf unit (I also have the middle shelf) and the end table (and I have the center glass piece.

The black shelf I cleaned up and is now beside my desk. The end table, which is heavy, will need something done to it. The dark stain is a very thin layer, almost like a nail polish. So I will probably clean it, strip off whatever is on it now and repainted. Some color. I have no idea at this time. Anyone have some ideas?

But the 'jewel' is this...


A chaise lounge!

I have wanted a chaise lounge for decades. Yes, it needs recovering, but for the time being, since I usually throw a blanket over chairs and couches, it will do for now. And I have spare pillows I can insert into the pillow pouch on the left.

So Friday was a Score! for me.

Wednesday was early release from school and I made cookies in the afternoon while Kayden and the neighbor from across the street where running around the house, playing.



Texter took a huge pile to work at Lowe's, much to the delight of her new co-workers. I gave some to Savvy's co-workers and kept some for the house.

In total I made:

Molasses Cookies
Chocolate/Marshmallow Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Frosted Sugar Cookies
Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies

Another biggie this week was the offer of another job. Back at the end of September, I found out they were posting jobs for the 2020 Census. They were part-time/full-time, temporary jobs. I put in for office as I don't want to be 'in the field'. So I received a call on Tuesday, offering me an office job, pending passing my background check. It will be 8 weeks, starting the end of January-ish, 40 hours a week. And $16 an hour! Too good to pass up. I can handle two months of full-time work. (She said there is also a possibility once it's over I can put in for other positions.)

Otherwise this week:

  • 5 posts written
  • Finished Book #13 of the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time series. Started the last one which is 41 hours of audio!
  • Made 169 phone calls at work for a midnight release of a new video game
  • Completed the paperwork, for now, for the Census job.
  • Christmas cards mailed

This coming week:

  • Maxing hours on my work-from-home
  • 2019 Planning
  • Fingerprinting for the Census job
  • School program for Lady K
  • Some needlework time (hopefully)

But for now, scrambled eggs and toast, cold medicine and back to bed for a bit.


Comments

Popular Posts