Week in Review - November 25 - December 1

So I've made it through the no-mans-land of the week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I didn't have to work at GameStop this week, but Texter has been working daily at Lowe's (huzzah!). 

I did finish NaNoWriMo on a positive note. Well, somewhat positive. I have the very bare bones of a story and see many, many areas which need to be shored up to make it a decent story. I started reading Jessica Brody's book, Save The Cat! Writes a Novel and a lot of it is resonating with me. Like the fact my heroine just said "ok, let's do X" and no one in their right mind would do so without a bit of a struggle. But more about that at a later date.


I did treat myself to lunch at Don Pedro's on Friday after dropping Texter off at work. I am still in search of a good Tex-Mex place to eat. It was ok. But still not the 'taste' I'm looking for.  Don't get me wrong, the lunch was good. And with the check, they gave me a large chip which was drizzled with honey and cinnamon and a large mound of whipped cream and some fruit puree. A really nice touch. Plus their tea was really good! 

I have cut out almost all my fast food eating except for my shameful addiction to Jack In The Box Monster Tacos (hanging my head in shame). I am planning on cutting out all fast food and treating myself to one nice lunch or dinner a month. Better on the purse, as well as the body.

I still can't get into the 'groove' with some of my work-from-home duties. Mainly because the bulk of it is very boring, but I need to knuckle down. Hopefully, now that the pressure of NaNoWriMo is out of the way I can do better.


I made it to the mall a couple of times to pick up an item or two. Saturday was about Bath and Body Works Candle Day event...who knew!


I innocently went thinking it was no big deal and wanted to pick up one for a Christmas gift. Their 3-wick candles are normally $24.50 and they were on sale for $8.95. I also had a dollars off coupon and a couple of free item coupons and decided since I was there (and love their candles) I would pop in and get a few.

BOY! There was a line down the mall to begin with. I bought 6 which was nothing compared to others. It wasn't until I got home and was going to listen to some of my YouTube videos I follow that I found out there are actual 'collectors' of candles and this was like the Holy Grail of sales. I am sad to say I already placed a reminder in my 2019 planner for this weekend so I can plan and buy more.

I 'rescued' an amaryllis from Food Lion (grocery store) which was sitting in its box, all alone on the display for 99 cents.


Its little leaves were very pale and bent over when I pulled it out of its box on Friday. I'm calling it Amy Amaryllis. Within a day, it is standing up straight and I'm hoping now that it is out of the box it and in the light, it will darken up and do its blooming thing along with my trio of amaryllis (which I named Cindy, Patricia and Christine).

I also bought a little pink Christmas cactus. 


I have had a couple in the past which haven't made all the moves over the years. And then Oakdale Greenhouses posted on their Facebook page about the ones they have and they have white ones. So a trip to the greenhouse will happen on Monday I believe.

Otherwise this week:

  • Baked Peanut Butter Blossoms and Pistachio/Cranberry Cookies
  • Pulled out the tub of Christmas decorations and did a bit of decorating

  • Finished 3 books
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Getting closer to hitting 5000 steps a day (hard to do when you sit all day, working and writing)
  • Took Amani for a walk around the little historical park near us

This coming week:

  • Working at GameStop one afternoon, calling customers about a game release (can't get away from those phones!)
  • Lady K has early release one day and then a field trip the next day at school
  • Trying to get in some cross stitching
  • More revisions and writing
  • Wrapping Christmas presents

But now, it's time for more coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts