Tuesday Sundries - It's Worth It to Me!


This is my planner/journal line-up and I am eagerly anticipating the moment at the end of the month when I can swap out my 2018 for my 2019 planners. (I did actually forget to take a picture of my month wall calendar.)

In planning for 2019, I am really going to concentrate on unnecessary expenses. And looking at my $100-plus I spend on my Hobonichi order each year, I was laying in bed, wondering if I should do something else. Go with a less expensive option. 

Nope!

As much as I use my planners, and I do use them daily, I can't justify not going with something which 'works' for me.

The large green journal on the right is my 'journal'. I purchased it at Staples on sale and will see me through a few more months before I need to find another journal. I usually pick up something on sale, so not a lot of expense there. But I use it to go further into events happening in my life, vent, whatever strikes my fancy. For my mental health, it's necessary.

The small purple one on the upper right is my 5-year Hobonichi.



I love it! I do record something in it every day. And those days where I actually have an event or something special, I will put in a piece of ephemera. I also go back periodically and put in the high/low temperature for the day, mainly in case I want to do a temperature quilt one day. I also write in 'new' words I might come across. 


This is my financial book for 2019. I have already started using it. I am recording my bills paid, my spending, grocery lists, paydays and amounts, etc. I want to FINALLY see where my money comes from and goes to. I might go to a larger planner for more of a budget keeper but will go with a planner from Michael's (using the 40% off coupon) if I find I want to keep even more details. 

The small green planner in the middle top of the first picture is my Hobonichi Techo and I can't wait to start in my 2019 one. I use this one every day to record my work. One of the contract work I do is to track where I go and the times. So it goes with me everywhere and is used to record information on the 4 contracts I have for my work-from-home. I also am tracking my GameStop hours in it and will soon (fingers crossed) work on the 2020 Census. 

If anyone ever comes across my 'green book', as Lady K calls it, they will have no idea what in the world is being done in it with all the abbreviations I use. But it is totally used and I love how it is holding up to a year of abuse.

Last, and definitely not least, is my large planner. 


I do a bit of decorating if I feel like it. Highlighted items are ones which are to be done and I did them. That way I can focus in on items not highlighted which still need to be done. Since I now have 4 work-from-home jobs and one work-away-from-home job (plus one more coming, hopefully), I made my own tracker stickers to be sure I accomplish all the jobs which need to be done daily. I found I needed to do this since I am interrupted during the day to get Lady K to the bus, get Lady K from the bus, need to go to work, need to be sure Texter gets to/from work.

I love these planners. I love seeing them go from pristine pages to wrinkled, scribbled on, 'used' pages. With the thin paper in the Hobonichis they don't get really 'fat' like other planners would. And while I would like to be able to possibly add pages like I could in a ring bound system, I really, really love these - 2019 will be my third year of using them and I don't see me changing anytime soon.


Comments

Popular Posts