Seedy Saturday - Let the Harvest Begin!


Yep, the garden is flourishing, despite my efforts! 

I have picked about a pound of tomatoes and 4 green beans off the vine to date. And there are a ton of baby beans on my pole bean vines. 

The bush beans and lima beans are flowering like crazy, so I am expecting beans forming on those shortly. Corn is getting taller and taller. My Italian squash, with the most velvety leaves, is flowering. And the tomatoes...

Loaded!

So now it's time to start looking for more canning jars and saving for a freezer. I am also in the 'I need a pressure cooker' mode. 

I am going to attempt to track the amount of 'stuff' out of the garden this year. Will have to see how successful I am at that.

But I am so grateful the soil in the back yard is so good and will only improve as I add compost onto the beds during the year. 

Another plus in the plant column is my desert rose. I have two small plants and they seem to be more interested in dropping their leaves than doing anything else. However, I was surprised when I went to water one of them and there was a huge bloom on the plant. So happy!

As the summer goes along, I will make some notes on what I want to change up for continuing in the garden. I would like to have a year-round garden, which is doable to a certain extent in my area. Plus I am anticipating a lot of really good meals this summer with vegetables straight from my garden.

 

Comments

Popular Posts