Writing Wednesday - 'Energy' Score

One of the things I struggle with is my 'energy level' - both mental and physical. And in going through my HB90 method of working toward my ideal life was an interesting way to track how I 'feel' and what I can do to keep my outlook 'up'.

It's about having 10 items I want to do during the day. By accomplishing those things, I will have an idea if  my day was either high energy or low energy. The things I want to keep an eye on are:


  • Morning Routine (morning pages, tarot card draw)
  • Evening Routine (journaling)
  • Healthy Eating/Vitamins
  • 10,000 steps
  • Garden Time
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Tidy Space 
  • Relaxing (fiber arts, gaming)
  • Shifted Energy (going from couch potato to something else)

I'm giving myself 1 point for each item I tick off during the day. That way I will have a score from 0-10. Hopefully, I will not ever have a '0' day, but would like to know how often I am getting over 5 points a day. 

But how to monitor it?

I know going to a spreadsheet would be nice (and there was a free one with my HB90 information). However, going to the computer and opening a program every day isn't something I know I will do. So what else?




Then I realized the tab I use in my planner to mark where I am in the planner has 10 slots of 7 days each! A week's worth of tracking my energy level.

And since it is a dry erase board, I can mark the days I hit the mark. At the end of the week, when I am doing my weekly wrap-up and planning, I can easily move the count over to the spreadsheet.

One of the tenets of the HB90 method is deciding what is important to me and what will move me forward to a life I want to live. And my scheduling tasks which are part of the projects which support my goals, I know what I need to do and I don't sit there and think 'what do I do now'?

That's not to say there is time for being a couch potato and doing nothing, because everyone needs that down time. But for me and my mind, it helps me stay at least semi-focused and not just being a blob. 
So it will be interesting to see how many of the circles I can tick during the day. 




Comments

Popular Posts