Seedy Saturday - Tomatoes and Beans

It's been a hot and humid week here in my part of North Carolina. And while I don't do heat, the garden seems to be loving it.





The beans, both pole and bush, are starting to flower. And if they are flowering, then beans to pick can't be too far behind. 

Tomato plants, which I seem to be constantly tying up these days, are flowering and setting fruit like crazy. I have already had one cherry tomato (Sugar Rush) and one small tomato (Damsel). I am eyeing a Brandywine tomato which is getting bigger and bigger and should be my first 'real' tomato of the year. 

The pumpkin I planted for Lady K? 

Well, let's say if I disappear, please check the pumpkin patch for my body. It's going crazy!

And while I may be rethinking my grand idea of how I planted up the beds in the garden, I can't wait until I start harvesting them. 

My only disappointment are my peppers. Of course, I really shouldn't be. I've never had the best of luck with peppers. But my hot peppers in the containers,  of which I feel I planted way too many, are doing well. Those in the ground and in the 4x4 beds aren't doing as well. 

I finished harvesting my potatoes. Not too bad, but then I don't eat that many and they were a freebie planted before anything else could go in the ground. I've shown okra and a couple of other things in their place in the garden. I will see how they do in a couple of months. 

But for now, I'm watching and watering and fertilizing the veggies. After all, I need to can some for the winter and am looking forward to meatless meals in July.

Let the good times grow!


Comments

Popular Posts