Week in Review - May 30 - June 5, 2022



The yard is growing. I just wish my energy level could match it's growth!

But the weather has moderated a bit, high's in the low-to-mid 80's and there was a bit of rain, which meant I didn't have to water. It also means the grass (and weeds) have blossomed. 

The BIG thing is that I picked up Lady K on Thursday afternoon for her summer break with us. Two months with her, alternating between my home and Texter's. Because she wants to learn to bake bread, I have started another sourdough starter.

And with summer being here, local peaches are coming in. And fresh peaches mean peach cobbler! You can't have cobbler without ice cream, so I made some frozen yogurt. A really nice combo for 'dinner'. 

My raspberries are ripening and I'm getting a handful a day. It will be another couple of years before I get enough to make jam out of my own berries. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 21.5 miles
  • Finished 3 books
  • Racked my brews and started blackberry wine
  • Made another batch of strawberry jam
  • Wrote 5 posts

This week...

  • 3 days with Lady K
  • Mowing my yard
  • Tie up tomatoes!
  • Weed garden beds
  • Library craft and Lego events with Lady K
  • Made 8 pints of 'fried' corn

But for now it's more coffee, a bit of breakfast and off to work!

 

Comments

Popular Posts