Food and Fiber Friday - Octopi!



Yes, there is a purple octopus on my desk.

A branch of my local library had a workshop and supplied the materials to crochet octopi for the Neonatal unit of the hospital. 

It seems the premies will grasp the tentacles like it is a umbilical cord rather than pulling on their tubing. And it seems to also offer some comfort. 

They are crocheted with cotton yarn, and as much as it pains me to say it, the Hobby Lobby brand of cotton yarn is so much softer than Peaches and Cream brand. 

And since I crochet, why not make a few to donate, especially since all I have to invest is a bit of time. I've done 2 so far (they take an evening in front of the TV to finish) and started on number 3. 

In the meantime, I am awaiting information to see if quilts are needed for people in Montana affected by all the flooding. I have tons of fabric and could knock out a couple (or more) quilts in the next few weeks and send them on. 

But the octopus is a fun project and it fits with the theme of the summer reading program too. So onto another tentacle!

 

Comments

Popular Posts