Bookish Thursday - Summer Reading During Reverse Hibernation

I don't know about anyone else, but I do 'reverse hibernation'. 

In other words, instead of crawling inside my cave in the winter and hiding until the weather warms up, I crawl into my cave and wait until the outside world cools down!

Of course, being a gardener and wanting a large and successful vegetable and flower garden, it's hard. 

But I just can't do heat! 

Especially when it comes wrapped up in a heavy blanket of humidity. 

Of the books on my official June TBR list, Jade City is finished. I need to go buy a copy of the next book in the series, Jade War,  to read in July. 

The Atlas Six is almost complete. I am about 2/3 of the way through and am enjoying the book. I can see this being made into a movie at some point. I love all the 'magical' books being turned into TV series or movies.  Once this book is finished, I think I will start on the Holly Black book, Book of Night

(We will not bring up and/or discuss the HUGE stack of books sitting beside my bed I check out from the library.)

But one I have just started and am enjoying a lot is...




This is book two in the series. I had won the first book and throughly enjoyed it. Based on my review, the author, Ken Deeprose,  reached out as asked if I would like to read the second book. It arrived over the weekend and I am savoring it. 

Actually, part of me wants to curl up and plow through it. Another part of me wants to read it in chunks, enjoying the ride. And yet another part of me is having a bit of an issue as the book starts out in a Grand Canyon-like setting and I am watching the devastation in Montana in and around Yellowstone National Park due to rain. Roads I have driven on are no longer accessible. And rapids on a river play a part in the opening scene. Truth in fiction!

What surprised me (ok, I'm clueless at times) is this is a middle grade book. Or is considered a middle grade book. However, the writing which is appropriate for that age group, is equally enjoyable for a senior citizen! 

I just want a Mech! Especially one that will help me in the yard so I can read more.





Comments

Popular Posts