Writing Wednesday - Planner Swap

It's June 1st and I'm trying a new thing!

I am moving from my beloved Hobonichi Cousin into an Erin Condren ring planner.




Yep, after several years of devotion to my Cousin, I find myself needing to try something new. The main reason for the swap is I need to be able to add pages to the planner so all my 'stuff' is in one place.

If you peruse YouTube videos with people and planners, there is an overwhelming amount of people who use multiple planners. I've tried and I just can't juggle 3-4 (or more) planners. I need my main planner, which includes my work schedule and family information, along with a planner for post ideas and other writing information and plans. I also want to put in information on gardening to-do's. My budget planner is still separate, but I will put dates I need to remember or calls I need to make about bills in my main planner.

Some people can jump between their main planner and a writing planner and a business planner. I just can't do it. I've tried. 

And maybe when I get to 'really writing' and have more information I need to track, I might be able to function with a second planner. but for now, it's not happening. 

In the new planner I am inserting a couple of sheets from the HB90 process I enjoy using. I printed out weekly task list and task block page. I also have inserted the weekly view so I can lay out the tasks across the week and then assign them to specific days. 

Another thing I like about the ring binder is I can pull out the sheets for the week (or month) to work on, making it easier to write on them. 

But I am not setting my Cousin aside to gather dust. Especially since I want to order this cover for 2023. If this experiment succeeds like I hope it will, the decision will be whether I get a regular Cousin or a day-free Cousin. But that's for another day. 

I am going to use my current Cousin for a daily journal. In the evening I'll use it to journal about the day, including a picture or two on the page. More of a memory journal-ish type thing. I can picture myself sitting on the porch in the evening and jotting about the day.

If this change 'works' for me, then I can keep this moving forward into the coming year. I'm excited about being able to add pages. Of course, because of the daily pages in the EC planner, I only have 7 months currently in the binder. This gives me room to add pages. Anything which is for 2023, I have note pages at the back of the binder for 'forward planning' (if you are a bullet journaler, you will understand that reference). 

So let's see how this goes for the month of June and see if I continue for the last six months of the year or if I return to my Hobonichi. 



Comments

Popular Posts