Week in Review - June 5 - 11



It was a pretty good week. I'm not going to complain. Especially since Sunday afternoon into the evening we got rain. So now my garden is starting a new week all well watered and happy.

Tuesday was my first 'garden tour' with the Extension Master Gardeners. We gathered at a retirement village and did a walking tour of some of the cottage gardens, followed by a lovely lunch. More on that in this post

After the tour, I headed back to Hendersonville to pick up some peppers and eggplants from NCTomatoMan. I managed to get back home and get them into the ground the next day. Some of the peppers and tomatoes (yes, there were a couple of tomatoes in the haul) are going to fellow gardeners. So now I will have some extra peppers, mainly sweet ones, and eggplant for consumption this summer.

I also managed to watch a webinar on pollinators on Wednesday after FINALLY cleaning the porch off. A huge pile of crates and buckets not needed, along with 'junk' went into the trash and items more organized and tidied. Now my chair is clear and I have lots of room on my front porch to sit and relax. 

The rest of the week was work, work, work.

Otherwise this past week I...

  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Started on the timelines for Dragon Earth and the 3 main characters
  • Walked over 25 miles
  • Finished 2 books

This coming week...

  • Trip to Brevard to a book sale and FINALLY meet up with a long-time swap friend who I have never met in person
  • Extension Master Gardener events - from working in the Learning Garden to our monthly meeting about bonsai.
  • Sign up for a trip to High Point with the Master Gardeners in September
  • Attend the Rosemary and Thyme meeting on Saturday
  • Start planning for Q3

But for now, a bit of breakfast and gather tools and head off to the Learning Garden to weed and tidy. I won't think about all the weeding and tidying I need to do in my own yard!

 

Comments

Popular Posts