Seedy Saturday - Please! Some Sun!



It has been raining, on and off, since last Sunday evening. Seems like for a couple of those days, it was more on than off. My garden has received about 4 inches of rain because of it. 

Unfortunately, I didn't mow my grass BEFORE it started raining. Because of that, and because of the rain, it will take a couple of days of sunny weather to dry out the grass enough to even begin to mow it down. 

On the upside, once I am able to cut the grass I will have a TON of grass clippings for mulch. Which is a great thing as my garden is weedy as hell. But it will all work out. 

In the next day or two I have to tour the yard and make sure everything that holds water is dumped out. The mosquitoes are already having a field day. 

Despite everything, meaning almost a week of no sun, pockets of the yard look great. And I won't have to worry about watering the yard for awhile. Hopefully, I can get the yard mow, the trays sorted and tidied away under the house, and the beds weeded. 

Actually, I think I need a vacation just to weed. This coming week one of my days off will be spent on a day-long garden tour with the Extension Master Gardeners. 

Oh, well...it will all get done (fingers crossed)!

 

Comments

Popular Posts