Week in Review - June 19 - 25, 2023



Well...

About 5 inches of rain later, I think summer is going to start. Of course, I need to mow the yard DESPERATELY! But the grass needs to dry out a tad in order to hack through the growth and tonight is supposed to be some storms coming through. I give up!

So I basically went to work in the rain and came and sat at home in the rain. Until Saturday. I decided, before work, I would go spend some time sitting at Starbucks with my Iced Chai Latte with one pump of mocha. I haven't done this in ages. 

I took my planner and notes and started planning out what I want to accomplish in Q3. I'm doing a bit of a revamp on some things. It's the start of the second half of the year. The first half wasn't all that great mentally for me. But I want to turn that around to finish out the year. 

When working on my plans/goals, one of them which is super important - losing weight - I came up with an idea. I am considered pre-diabetic. I don't want to be on meds because I suck at taking meds like I need to. I want to alter my habits. 

I have been meal planning fairly consistently. When I do, I spend less, waste less and in general, eat better. Somewhat better. I realized I have a resource to use. A bestie who has been through all kinds of diet consultations and nutrition coaching over the years because of her health issues. She knows all sorts of 'stuff' about eating so that you balance out your blood sugar. 

Long story short, she is going to review my meal plan and give me suggestions on how to tweak it to make it better. She also made the comment by seeing my meal plan it would help get her out of a rut of eating the same things over and over. So win-win on both sides. Plus, it lets me interact with a good friend on a weekly basis.

I also picked up some cotton yarn at Michaels earlier in the week in the rain. I have the need for a blanket - or several blankets - which I can't reveal at the present time. But starting on making some blankets. 

But going through my Q3 plans, I targeted things I want to accomplish over the next 3-6 months. New habits I want to start to replace old habits which don't work for me in a positive way. 

Anyway...

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked almost 20 miles
  • Wrote 7 posts between 2 websites
  • Helped with one Extension Master Gardener event
  • Finished 3 books - 2 of which you will learn more about later (Thursday)

This coming week...

  • MOW!
  • Garden touring day with the Extension Master Gardeners
  • 2 more Extension Master Gardener things to do
  • 2 library craft events
  • Tour de France starts!
  • Camp NaNo starts!

But for now, hopefully I can get a bit of lawn mowing in before a shower and off to work. With an Iced Chai Latte with mocha in hand.







 

Comments

Popular Posts