Positive Focus Sunday - Frugal? Sustainable? Capacity?

One of the YouTubers I follow on gardening is Jess at Roots and Refuge. One of her most recent videos is about 'capacity'.  She talks about 'busy' versus 'capacity'. It's about working to your 'capacity' rather than just looking 'busy'. It also, at least to me, gives permission to say "I've reached my capacity at the moment and I'm resting." It also ties in with some of the things I have been thinking about with my own garden recently. 

One of the things I have had on my mind is about being 'frugal' and how it works with trying to create a 'sustainable' garden. 

Ok, true confession time. I am SHIT with my money about 100% of the time. So I really have to monitor and plan and talk to myself to be responsible and do the 'adult' things with my finances. That being said, I can't go out and spend a fortune on 'stuff' for the garden. 

Thus, I have a compost heap to create my own compost to put into my garden beds. I use my grass clippings to mulch pathways and around plants. I try and water deep and less often. I will work for free plants (or do a sad face and they just want to get rid of me). Of course, there are times I 'score' a deal on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, like this.





The owner of all of this was looking for someone to buy it all. I sent a message and told him I couldn't pay, but would love to get this and share with a couple of gardening groups. I didn't really expect a reply. 

Oops!

Yep, I have a new chore this coming week. Picking up this bounty!

Is it frugal? 

Yes, only my time and a tiny bit of gas. 

Is it sustainable?

Yes, I will be reusing something which would probably go into the trash otherwise. And I am spreading it out over many people, which means they don't have to buy similar products. 

Am I at my capacity?

Oh, hell yes!



Comments

Popular Posts