Food and Fiber Friday - New Project and More



Slipped in a new project. A multi-colored chevron blanket in cotton yarn. I was really surprised how soft this cotton thread is. And it is knitted with two strands of yarn. However, I can't say at the moment who it's for and why I'm making it. Secret for now!

With working later hours (and getting hotter during the day period), I am finding myself watching more TV in the evening to unwind before bed. Of course, now that the Tour de France starts tomorrow, there will definitely be more TV time. My plan is to have this blanket finished by the end of the month. I think it is a reasonable goal. 

On the food angle, I have enlisted Miss Texas to assist me in regulating my meal planning 'better'. I am trying to back away from being pre-diabetic, so I need help with the whole eating stuff.

Obviously I know how to eat. My problem is combining the proper starches, veggies, proteins, carbs, etc. And not eating banana cake for dinner. So we shall see. I am hoping my eating goals in July are as successful as my blanket knitting. 

Oh, and there is also Camp NaNoWriMo starting on 01July. And my garden/yard has more to-do's than tomatoes on the vine. 

It's going to be a busy month ahead. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts