Writing Wednesday - I'm Hearing Voices

More decades, not years ago, I started a story. It has gone from one main character to three. From one book to a possible trilogy. I pick it up, write a bit, and put it down. But it has stayed on my mind for a long, long time. 




The three characters are Cara, Kit and Sarah. Cara and Kit are cousins with some magical abilities. Jointly they run a new and rate book store, with Cara being the book person and Kit is the money whiz. Sarah is a young woman who Cara 'rescued'. Sarah works at the bookstore with Cara. 

One rainy evening (of course, it has to be rainy), while unpacking an old trunk of books purchased at an estate sale, Sarah and Cara find an old book which appears to be a grimoire. Sarah, not knowing better, reads a spell in the book. Cara and Sarah, who had been holding the book, disappear before Kit's eyes. 

And there starts the story. Where did they go? Will they come back? What is Kit to do with two missing people?

Anyway...

Sarah has been whispering to me lately. She wants her story finished. She wants her life with Malcolm settled. She doesn't seem to understand I have other things I'm working on. And since Malcolm is also, Malachite, a large, green dragon, what am I to do. Malachite will do anything for Sarah, including removing something which is bothering her. 

So I guess I better dust off Sarah's story again and get to work. 


Comments

Popular Posts