Seedy Saturday - HOT!

This past week as been HOT! 

In the mid-to-high 90's. Yuck!

And the weather isn't the only thing hot in my yard. Peppers!






My 'hot' peppers are the ones which seemed to have done the best with me growing them from seed. I do have a couple of bell peppers which are starting to come along, but my jalepeno and cayenne peppers are the ones which are really doing well. I will probablly let the cayenne peppers mature and turn red, then dry them for later use. And, if I get enough, the jalepeno peppers I'll pickle or put into salsa.

I do have (don't ask me why) a Carolina Reaper pepper, which is suppose to be one of the hottest in the world, starting to flower and set fruit. Not sure about that one.

The tomatoes, which fared well during the heat and are starting to really put out flowers, are also setting fruit.


This is the Crazy Cherry Tomato and I have several more clusters in various stages. This is the first cluster which I thought wasn't going to set fruit. They will be a 'white' cherry tomato.


Another tomato doing well, is my Atomic Barred. I can't wait to see these ripen with their red and purple stripes.

This weekend (probably Sunday), I need to add another level of chicken wire to my bean trellis.


I didn't know my lima beans were also 'pole'. But they are growing away and now, in some cases, about 5 feet tall.


And filling up with blooms! I can't wait to pick fresh green beans. Unfortunately, Lady K HATES green beans.

A new addition to my garden are a couple of North American Pitcher Plants.


'Bug Bat' and 'Tarnok' seem to be doing well in the heat, full sun and their little pool of water. 

So the high temperatures have broken overnight. Huzzah! And we will be in the 80's for the next few days, with slight chances of rain. It will still be a morning and evening ritual to water the front.

But for now, finish off my coffee and hit the grocery store before I have to go to work this evening. 

Comments

Popular Posts