Whatever Wednesday - LUSH!

While I enjoy the beauty of a Japanese garden, I have always been drawn to the look of an English garden. The overgrown, wild, LUSH look of a garden where you wind your way through plants which overlap the pathways and branch over your head. 

This past week of warm days and lots of rain have assisted me in my 'dream' garden.


This is LUSH! Almost solid tomato plants and, knock on wood, very little issue with disease this year. I am placing all the success on the layer of grass clippings I have put on the bed over the past year. 


My plumeria is growing like crazy, putting out leaves and more leaves. Not bad for a cutting I had lost for a few weeks, found and stuck back into soil. Things are going so well, it's neighbor, the strawberry plants is spreading into the plumeria's pot.


A few types of basil overflowing in all it's 'basilly' goodness.


More beans and my micro tomatoes, Totem, which aren't staying very micro. Even the elephan ears, given to me by Miss J, are coming up and contributing to the green overflowing.


Solid green formed by cucumber, hyacinth bean, morning glory, hollyhock, and more.


Even the bargain rack dahalia is starting to emerge. I have never grown dahalias before and this one is supposed to be a 'big' one. Will have to keep my fingers crossed as there are three dahalias in this pot.

I am loving this garden, both in the ground and in pots. My fig has grown by leaps and bounds and I am going to have to set it into a larger pot shortly. I never expected it to take off the way it has. The grape is not far behind. They are in pots until I buy my house in the next year and put them in the ground permanently. 

Peppers are producing like crazy and my cucumbers are doing well too. My only disappointment are the zucchini and tomatillos. They are flowering like mad, but no fruit set. Oh well, maybe they will catch up as I did see a lone bee on them Monday.

But for now I am enjoying being LUSH and getting ready to pick beans in the next few days.

Comments

Popular Posts