Seedy Saturday - I Hate Tomato Hornworms!

I have been patting myself on my back because my tomatoes are looking so good. In fact, I have been picking a few Crazy Cherry tomatoes over the past couple of days.


They seem to glow in the green foliage of the tomato plants. 

However, I have snipped two hornworms out of existence, but I know there are more. I can't find them. I have several stems of the tomato plants bare of leaves. They are big, green and squishy tomato leaf-eating machines. Ugh!

But on a happier note, my tomatillos are setting fruit finally!


I have a lot of these little green paper lanterns on my plants now. I can't wait for them to fill out with an actual tomatillo.


My pumpkin vines are sprawling, to say the least with several pumpkins forming. I can't wait for them to turn orange and grow BIG! Lady K can't either. I have Jack o' Lantern pumpkins and Sugar Pie pumpkins planted, so hopefully, I will have one or two for Halloween.


And my watermelon is growing by leaps and bounds. 

I have picked a nice size batch of green beans. Those will be cooked on Sunday for dinner.

On the flower front...


Morning Glories continue to be glorious.


My 'rescue' hibiscus, Tropical Escape, is producing blooms larger than my hand in beautiful sunset colors.

My plumeria, Miss J, is loving this summer weather.


Tons of leaves and several inches of growth. And sharing its pot with a strawberry runner. 

But it hasn't been all about my garden.


Texter, Lady K and I went to Bush-N-Vine Farms on Thursday. We picked a gallon of blueberries for more Blueberry/Lavender Jam. I also bought a peck of peaches for jam. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

Today is off to Raleigh for a bridal shower for a delightful couple of young ladies who are tying the knot soon. Savvy is coming, as is Lady K. Of course, there will be a detour by La Farm Bakery for some White Chocolate Mini-Baguettes.




Comments

Popular Posts