Week in Review - June 16 -22

Whew! What a week.

The BIGGEST thing this past week was on Saturday.

Savvy, Lady K and I loaded up and headed to Raleigh. Well, actually Cary and then Holly Springs. We made a quick pit-stop at La Farm Bakery for our White Chocolate Baguette and Asiago Bread fixes.  Then off to a bridal shower for two lovely young women who are getting married in August.


Since it was my weekend to have Lady K, the hostess was gracious enough to allow me to bring her (as that is the only way I could drive Savvy to the shower). One of the young ladies, in particular, I have watched grow up and think of as another daughter and was thrilled to be there to celebrate with her and her partner.

Lady K did quite well. A little shy to begin with, but stay out of her way if you want to play Pictionary! She was all into the game. 

It was equally delightful to see Miss Wolf Pack again and talk plants and gardening for a bit with someone who is equally plant crazy (and also one of the 'mothers' who watched these two girls grow up).

Then there was the trip to Bush-N-Vine again. This time Texter was able to go and I came home with blueberries and peaches which are waiting to be turned into jam. But last Sunday I did can some peppers and cucumbers.


I stopped long enough to do a little full moon watching between the cloudy night skies.


And a bit of knitting (and cleaning out the craft room closet some).


I am about 8 rows away from decreasing and starting the top of the cap and finishing it up. So hopefully, I will get it finished today (Sunday).

And another BIG thing is I started training for Food Lion To-Go on Friday. So much fun! Very detailed oriented and you have to be super picky as you are food shopping for someone else, but a lot of fun. So now I can do cashier, deli, and To-Go areas. Which helps me get in the hours I want each week.

Otherwise this week...

  • Made my 5000+ steps 5 out of 7 days
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Finished reading 4 books
  • Did some Q3 (Third Quarter) planning
  • Have picked beans, peppers, cherry tomatoes are starting, cucumbers
  • Killed 4 tomato hornworms
  • Cleaned out craft closet

For the coming week...

  • Return the Direct TV cable boxes
  • Finish one cap and start on the second one
  • HOUSECLEANING!
  • Start on my funeral music playlist (long story to be explained later-not to be used for decades hopefully!)
  • Put together an exercise/yoga routine - need to get rid of flabby arms and belly
  • More Food Lion To-Go

But for now, another cup of coffee and gather bathroom cleaning supplies and start on housework!



Comments

Popular Posts