Week in Review - May 26 - June 1

It's been HOT! 

Like 10 degrees warmer than normal. And while that might not seem like much, there is a huge difference between 85 degrees and 95 degrees. But things seem to have settled down a bit.

It's been a fairly quiet week.



Monday, after work, I went over to Texter's house for steaks and 'colorful' fire for roasting marshmallows for s'mores.

I have basically worked, watered the garden and stayed inside this week. However, with the headache I woke up with this morning, I am hoping it means a bit of rain. But probably not.

Being a bit of a birdwatcher, it has been fun to know I have bluebirds in my birdhouse. They took over after the chickadees departed.


But the birdhouse is on the side of the house by the garage door. And the water facuet is also right there. So they fly over to the neighbors house and glare at me. I haven't heard any hungry chicks yet, but hoping. I am surprised to find them in such an urban setting. A customer at work who was buying bird seed told me it's not unusual, there are a lot of bluebirds in town. So I figure I have my own personal bluebird of happiness.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked 5000+ steps for 5 out of 7 days
  • Finished 3 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Stitched a few stitches on my massive Pokemon cross stitch
  • Harvested cucumbers and basil
  • Cleaned out the fridge and did some meal planning/grocery shopping
  • Summer reading program started
  • Worked in the deli at Food Lion for the first time - amazing!

This coming week holds...

  • Last week of school for Lady K
  • Clean out freezer section, pantry and spice cabinet
  • Mow the yard
  • Put my 'baby' grill together and cook some kabobs and hamburgers to reheat during the week 
  • Lady K back to her dad's to start Vacation Bible School the next week

But for now, more aspirin and coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts