Food and Fiber Friday - Entering 2022 with Plans!



Continuing with the 2022 plans is the 'Food and Fiber' category. Fitting for the first day of the new year and also, my day off.

Actually, I have started my 2022 plans this past Monday, 27 December. Since it is the start of the week in my planner, I considered the tail end of December, 2021, the start of my 'New Year'.

First off is "Eat From The Pantry" in January!

Let's face it. Working in a grocery store makes me prone to bringing home food constantly. Therefore, my shelves, fridge and freezer are full. Even taking food to Savvy at work, I still have enough food to feed a family, rather just one person. 

So for the month of January my plan is to eat from my pantry. 

I have a meal plan on the cabinet door to remind me of what is there to eat for the week. This past week has been a lot of ham. Which is great for a hefty sandwich after work and then not having to make dinner because I'm still full. Beans and ham, accompanied by cornbread, were on the menu for the end of the week. With an eleven pound ham, I have plenty of ham to use up! Sunday, if any ham is left over, I'll bag it up and put it in the freezer for later so it doesn't go to waste.

Also, Sunday I'll sit down and plan what I want for the following week. To me, Sunday is the end of the week and Monday starts my week. 

Then on the fiber front.

Not only do I have several fiber festivals I want to attend in 2022, I want to actually 'finish' projects. Right now I want to finish up the Owl Shawl and my Cocoknits sweater. 

However, I have this desire/need/want to take up some needlework again. Despite 3 active kittens in the house. Mirabilia Designs has long been a favorite of mine and I am obsessed with her 'Echo Lake' design.




The design and colors also remind me of Tula Pink quilt fabric. And I adore her fabric. So this will probably mean a trip to Rock Hill, South Carolina (not that far away) and kitting up this pattern. I also have another small pattern of her's which I need the fabric for in order to stitch.

So January will hopefully see me cleaning out my pantry quite a bit, finishing up two knitting and crocheting projects, and starting a needlework project.



 

Comments

Popular Posts