Food and Fiber Friday - Going 'Cookies'



So the past week has been filled with sugar, chocolate chips, and lots and lots of cookie baking! More cookies were made than actually probably should have been. And fudge. Four kinds of fudge. 

And now I am so over cookies I will probably not bake again...

At least for a week or two.

Seven types of cookies, a double batch of brownies, and all the fudge were made and divided up to go different directions. Cookies were doled out as follows - 

  • 1 container as a gift to Savvy's assistant manager
  • 4 large containers to different friends
  • 2 sets of 2 large containers to Savvy's store and my old Gamestop store
  • 3 large containers to my store
  • 2 large containers to Texter for her trip down to Florida
  • 3 small containers of specific cookies to different people

Two days were spent cooking and sorting. Then handing them out on two different days. 

There is a baggie of fudge 'trimmings' and a baggie of 'broken' cookies for my own consumption. One thing about doing this kind of binge cooking is I really don't eat any of what I am baking. 

But it did take up most of my attention during the pre-Christmas days this week. Today and tomorrow I am off work. Today will be spent cleaning the house and tomorrow, because of the warm weather, I'll be doing a bit of gardening and starting my winter sowing. 

And no baking!

 

Comments

Popular Posts