Week in Review - November 29 - December 5, 2021

 



The warm weather has continued all this past week. And I did get a tiny bit done in the yard. I put 4 bags of mulch around my 4x4 beds and need 4 more bags to finish the job. I cleaned out the beds and need to put some twine around the beds to stop Slider from walking through them. Especially since I will be planting lettuce, spinach and kale in there this week. But I did move all the herbs into these beds and will grow 'salad' in there in the coming weeks.

With a case of sweet potatoes and tons of pecans, I made a sweet potato cheesecake on a pecan crust with a pecan praline topping. Yummy! I also rounded out the week with a batch of turkey dumplings. Having cooked the turkey carcass in the crock pot overnight made me turkey bone broth which made these dumplings really tasty. I did share both with Savvy.

While the store has a wonderful Christmas floral display - to the point of people taking pictures in front of it - my concession to the holiday is my new wreath. I gave a box of supplies to a co-worker who is a master wreath maker. Her work is fantastic. So now I have a Christmas wreath and a Halloween wreath. I also have the Longaberger basket filled with my needlework Christmas ornaments from decades ago sitting on the table. I think I'm over decorating!

I received a wonderful package from Miss Oklahoma in Montana. Some comfrey salve she made and seeds she had saved. It at least inspired me to take the stuff I had harvested and save those seeds. I have comfrey seeds and will grow my own comfrey to harvest to fertilize the garden - channeling my inner Monty Don. 

The cats are happy watching 'bird feeder TV'. Well, Lily watches and Domino naps on her. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Texter and Lady K made it safely back from Florida
  • I received several packages of venison - yummy!
  • A trip to Costco with Texter and stocked up on 'stuff'
  • Trip to urgent care to make sure what I had was more of a sinus infection than anything else
  • Went through boxes of stickers to make up a box of stickers and washi tape to head to Montana
  • Finished only 1 book
  • Walked 18.7 miles
  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Worked on 2022 plans and ideas

This coming week...

  • Finish up my 2022 plans 
  • Retake the HB90 course and set up my planner with 2022 plans/projects
  • Fingers crossed - it will rain on my day off!
  • Working in To-Go to fill in for people being off
  • Get the box of stuff in the mail to Montana
  • More reading and knitting/crocheting
  • Seeds planted and start winter sowing

But for now, more coffee and get ready for work!

Comments

Popular Posts