Writing Wednesday - Mostly Private and November/December TBR

 I have actually been doing some writing the past few weeks. However, it's all been of the more private nature, thinking about where I have been in the past and where I am now. And where I want to go in the future. As things take shape, I may reveal some of those ideas, plans, and projects.

But in the meantime, I will FINALLY get to my November TBR wrap-up and announce my December TBR list.




So...

It was a hefty pile for November. I did manage to get three off this pile. Two were 5 star books and the third, well, let's just say 'they wrote a book'. So Red Rising, Half Sick of Shadows and Blind Spot are off the pile. 

To that, I added 7 books to the November reading...


While I didn't finish China, mainly because it is so long and so detailed, it is one I will come back to at another date. Actually, I probably just need to find a copy of the book so I can pick it up and put it down as needed.

Of the above, I highly recommend all of them. November was a great reading month. All the books were different and I love them all (except for the one not linked to Amazon - sorry). Of course, now I have to (1) continue some series and (2) read the author's backlist. More books to add to my 2022 'must read' list.

For December, which I know is already halfway over with, I have the following 'pile'...




The above are the 'official' TBR for December, mainly because I want to (1) continue on in a series or (2) were an ARC or complementary copy I received and need to read.

Golden Son and Muse of Nightmares are continuations. Six of Crows is a start of a series.  And before I start The Monarchs, I need to read the first book in the series, The Ravens, which I am doing now. Normally I don't feel compelled to read a series in order, but in this case I decided to pick up the first book since I was given the second one.




However...

I binged at the library!

I have finished Breaking Silence for a book tour this month. I have also finished Hemlock by one of my favorite authors which is part of a long-running series. I perused Daily Magic which I so want a copy of. Otherwise, how would I learn about things like The Christmas Cat! 

(Note: Wear at least one piece of new clothing on Christmas Day, as the Christmas Cat peers into windows checking that you have new clothing. And since it's an Icelandic Troll Cat, I wouldn't want to mess with it.)

To give me a nudge toward better eating, I just finished up The Diabetes Code Cookbook which is giving me a lot to think about, including the whole idea of fasting. Which would actually fit in pretty well to my schedule for work. 

Currently I am reading on Real Men Knit and Twisted Tea Christmas (another favorite mystery author) and Priory of the Orange Tree is on audio for my car trips. 

And we won't talk about the other pile of books on the shelf, nor the books from my subscriptions which are on their way.

For 2022, I am creating a book journal and am going to attempt to participate in some reading challenges over the coming year. I know a lot of readers out there select the books for the prompts in advance, however, I am going to fit the prompt/challenge to the book I select.

I will probably still create a TBR list for the month and, of course, add to it. It does seem to help me focus on my reading more. Plus, I do get that little thrill checking books off a list.

So...

This afternoon, after work, will be some lounging and reading. I will have been walking for four hours straight doing to-go shopping and will need a rest. Tomorrow I hope to put a huge dent in my audio book as I am going to Raleigh for the day. 

I'm looking forward to 2022 and a lot of good books!










Comments

Popular Posts