Food and Fiber Friday - Sweet Potato Cheesecake

Having a case of sweet potatoes sitting in my kitchen means I have a lot of sweet potatoes to do something with - besides going door to door, putting them on the porches.

So...




A sweet potato cheesecake was 'born'!

I wanted to make the crust out of pecans because I have a lot of pecans on hand. And thanks to the miracle of the internet, found this recipe. Easy peasy!

Then I made the filling using this recipe from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt. While the idea of a marshmallow topping was interesting, I had it in my mind a pecan praline topping. Therefore, I used this recipe from Spruce Eats - a Brown Sugar and Pecan Praline Sauce

Easy recipes to pull together and into the oven it went while I did other things around the house - like reading and meditating (read nap). 

The cheesecake baked, cooled and into the fridge overnight as I was taking most of it to work the next day. I say 'most of it' because I am not an idiot and kept some just for myself.




Ok, I have to say this is a 'lick the plate' dessert. 

So 4 sweet potatoes down and a million left to eat!




Comments

Popular Posts