Writing Wednesday - End of the Year Wrap-Up

 Well...




How do I feel about my writing goals for 2021?

Not so good. 

Actually, I shouldn't really feel that way. I think I did a good job of writing posts in 2021. And I did take two online courses about writing and publishing. But did I finish my novel?

NO!!!!

But I'm going to give myself a bit of grace. After all, 2021 has been a continuation of the whole weirdness we are living through. 

And...

  • Bought a house 
  • Moved into a house
  • Texter broke up with boyfriend and moved in with Lady K
  • Lady K went to live with her dad
  • Texter has a new boyfriend (and it's going really well)

In other words, every time I thought life was 'settling down' and I could get into a routine (I'm all about routine), life happened.

So...

I have been planning and plotting for 2022. One thing which I thing sabotaged my plans this year has been trying to do too much. I have cut back from 5 days to 4 days a week at work. And since I only work half a day, I am going to set those afternoons to do chores and errands which need to be done. I'm not even going to attempt to write on my novel.

Then...

On my days off, those will be set as my writing days. Those are the days I'll do my morning routine and settle in and write. 

Now of course I realize there will be days I'm off where I will be going somewhere. I have several days I already know I'm going to be gone for the day. But that's ok. 

Every day I have scheduled in time for relaxing, reading, a bit of gardening before bedtime. 

Since I know, for me, I have to have this sense of a routine or plan for how my days should run. Otherwise, I find myself standing in the middle of a room, going 'what now?'

Another thing I think I'm going to do (as this moment in time) to get my 'spark' back, is to go back to the first trilogy I was writing. I'm going to be pulling it out of the cabinet and printing out what I have and setting up a notebook for it and going back to the 'beginning' of my desire to write a book.

At the same time, I am hoping to write more posts, especially reviewing books I have read. I am setting up Sunday afternoons to plan out a week's worth of posts and get them at least started for the coming week. One of those posts will be a weekly update of my progress on the novel. 

So...

Plotting on Book One of the Dragon Earth trilogy starts on the 4th of January!


Comments

Popular Posts