Words of the Year for 2022



Mindful - focusing one's awareness
on the present moment,
while calmly acknowledging  and
accepting one's feelings, thoughts and 
bodily sensations.


 


Self-aware - knowing one's own
character, feelings, motives
and desires.




Thoughtful - Showing careful 
consideration or
attention



Yes!

I have three 'words of the year'.

However, I feel like they are one and the same - folding in with each other.

Mindful is the BIG one. And I could actually define being mindful as being self-aware and thoughtful. I can actually use each word to define the other two words.

What does it actually mean for me and what I want to accomplish in 2022?

I want to be more 'mindful' of my actions, more aware of what and why I'm doing the things I'm doing. Things like what I chose to eat. Or spend my money on. 

My word for 2021 - Renew - worked out rather well. I reset my plans from 2020 to continue on into 2021. I do classify 2021 as a win for me. A crazy, weird year - but a win. And I feel bad about claiming 2021 as a 'good' year when I know for several people I am close to, it has been a year of loss and sadness.

But I am looking forward to moving into 2022 with a sense of paying more attention to not only 'what' I'm doing (or not doing), but also to the 'why'.






Comments

Popular Posts