Week in Review - December 20 - 26, 2021



Can I say that I am really, really over cookies? 

Last week I made cookies, brownies, and fudge for two days. Several people were given cookies to celebrate the holidays. Well, actually they were to see some retail workers through those crazy Christmas shopping last few days. But they are gone except for a small baggie of fudge 'trimmings' and cookie 'crumbles'. 

Pre-cookie baking I moved a cubby from upstairs and did a bit of kitchen rearranging. The cubby is actually Lady K's, but I will be replacing it with a new one. It's easier to move one still in the box than trying to figure out how to move it all put together.

My suet feeder had a fun guest this past week. I was lucky enough to see a Hairy Woodpecker having dinner one day.

And I have a 'stalker' at my desk. One who thinks it's great to shove things off the top of my desk. But I have been making my 2022 plans and switching over planners the past couple of weeks and I am monitored closely. 

Plus, I am stalking an orchid. Each morning while making coffee, I check out how far along it is until the blooms open. I think it's going to be my 'first bloom' of 2022.

Otherwise this week:

  • Finished 5 books
  • Logged all my seeds onto a spread sheet and garden planning
  • Walked 17.3 miles


This coming week:

  • With warm temperatures forecast, lots of yard work
  • Starting my winter sowing
  • Making Savvy's Cannoli Cheesecake for her birthday
  • Wrapping up 2021 and heading into 2022

So now it's time for the sun to come up, a bit of breakfast, and then heading outside for yard work. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts