Reading Thursday - 2022 Bookish Plans



For the past 3 months I have been creating a TBR (to-be-read) list of books. And I have really been enjoying that method of reading. However, I have found myself adding more books to the list as the month goes along and not reading the books on my TBR list.

And I have also fallen down the rabbit hole of Book Journals, especially concerning reading challenges during the coming year. And I have been creating a book journal to log the books I read during the year. I will still be using Goodreads, but I want to list the challenges I am participating in and the prompts for the books I'm reading.

While a lot of people list books to fill the prompt, others, which means me, will be finding a prompt for the book I've read. And hopefully that book can be used on multiple prompts. With setting a goal of 150 books to read in 2022, it should give me a wide range of books to fill in for prompts.

I have also been creating a list of books on my shelves which I have but haven't read. I also have a list going of series which I want to read, or that I have started and want to finish up. This will also help me pinpoint books which I have and those I need to purchase to fill out a series I want to own.

A 'big' plan I have is to write more actual reviews and post them in several places. Hopefully (and this is the greedy me talking) this will convince more publishers to send me ARC's for review. The same for books which I get in subscription boxes. Read and review them more quickly than I have been doing. 

In tune with my words of the year, I want to not just grab books off the shelf in the library, but rather to work from a list. Finish up series, going with recommendations or new releases out by authors I have read already. When I 'grab and go', I wind up with 30 books to read and not reading any of them! 

I also need/want to get a lot of the books I have 'won' off Goodreads checked off as being read. Which means reading more using the Kindle app. And more audio books where possible so I can listen while driving, doing needlework or gardening. I have an embarrassing amount of books in the Kindle library which I haven't touched yet.

The same thing with Net Galley. I have requested several books to preview and I need to be reading and reviewing. In fact, I am in the middle of one book which I am really enjoying and can't wait to finish and review. More about that in a later post.

Some of the things I will be tracking are...


As you can see, most of these can span multiple challenges which is really nice.

While it seems like a lot of reading, between my 30-45 minute commute 4 times a week and the two hour drive every other week to pick up Lady K, I have a lot of time to listen to audio books. With access to audio books from several sources (free!), it makes a lot of sense. I also want to listen to books while I do needlework rather than binge watching TV mindlessly.

So there are my 2022 plans for reading. Expect more updates during the year.



 

 

Comments

Popular Posts