Positive Focus Sunday - Breakfast at La Farm Bakery

Thursday, a week ago, I drove into Raleigh to meet up with my good friend of many years - can I say decades. And of course, if I come to that area, I HAVE to make a stop at La Farm Bakery

I left early, early so I could beat the rush hour traffic through Charlotte and was delighted to have a beautiful sunrise to light my way to Cary.




I drove the backroads and avoided the highway, having a nice, leisurely drive. 

Besides having a long list of 'must bring home' items from LaFarm, we also decided to have breakfast there.




Unfortunately, I couldn't stop sooner to get a better picture of my Brioche French Toast with Strawberries. Can I just say it was good!

Of course, the best part was sharing breakfast with a friend.





After breakfast, and dragging all my purchases out to the car, we stopped by the local Farmer's Market where I got a box of Ruby Red Grapefruit. I was also looking for my vendor who sells apple cider. The one I was looking for wasn't there, but I did find another vendor who was selling not only apple cider, but also peach and strawberry cider. It's going to be a fun few weeks trying out all the new ciders. 

So, despite a 3 hour drive in each direction, it was a wonderful day, spent with a good friend and surrounded by good food. More such trips are in my future! 






Comments

Popular Posts