Positive Focus Sunday - Planners, Planning and 2022!

I feel like most people these days. I am so over the past couple of years! I am ready to 'settle down' and get on with life. 

Think about it.

The start of all this covid business began early in 2020. And we were all in a bit of shock over what was going on. Quarantines, the start of home schooling and stay-at-home rules. Masks became a mandatory piece of clothing. 

I had only been living with Savvy for a few months when this all started. And learned I was now an 'essential' worker.

Then this year rolled around with kids still at home being remote taught. I had in my mind that it would be another year or two before I could buy my house and SURPRISE! Once again I was moving into a new home. New pets (and we won't talk about the 2 new additions), my own yard to garden in, and moving from working full-time to part-time. 

So for 2022 I have GREAT plans! Mainly just trying to establish a routine and enjoy my new life in 'Highland House'. 

As most people who know me, I am all about the planning and planners. The past month or so I have really been thinking, pondering, jotting notes and figuring out what I want to do and how I want to organize all the to-do's and accompanying information. And I think I have it all figured out how I want to do it. 

First up...




These are my MAIN planners. The larger one is my Hobonichi Cousin and it's about the 5th year I have been in this kind of planner. It's my main planner that gets all the notes, lists, and referenced a couple of times a day at least. The smaller, green one with tigers, is my Hobonichi Weeks - the one I carry around with me. It's mainly for shopping lists and my work schedule. And if she sends it to me, Savvy's schedule so I know when I can drop off food to her.

But those 2 planners are my must-have planners. 

Another 'planner' which I have found is a mandatory need is my Budget By Paycheck planner




I credit this budget planner for keeping me on track and helping me achieve my financial goals. And as we all know, it's all about the money!

This past year I have used the little box set. While it is the same format as the larger planner, just individual books for each month, I didn't use it like I should have. I found it harder to flip back and forth between months. So for 2022 I went back the larger notebook. And I have already started setting up January and February with a few stickers. In another week, I will have January filled out with the upcoming bills and where I plan on disbursing my extra money.

The purple binder under it holds my sinking fund envelopes and monthly challenges information. Not only am I doing (or attempting to) The Budget Mom monthly challenges, I will be doing the universal 52 week challenge and the $1/$5 challenge. I have a 'secret' plan for money from these challenges in 2022. In fact, I have started the challenges this month because what I have planned will wind up next November.

Then there is this planner...




This is an Erin Condren daily calendar. I have January - June in here now. This will be where I work out my goals/plans for 2022. What I am thinking, is when I do my breakdown of goals, I will plan out the individual steps and projects in here. That way it won't clutter up my main journal.

Then, as steps and projects are finalized, I will move the items into my regular journal. I think this will be more of a Kanban board in calendar form. So it will probably only be reference on a monthly and weekly basis, not every day.

I also have around my desk are the following...

  • My Hobonichi 5-year diary. I am on the last year in this diary and will have to order a new one next year for 2023-2027.
  • My Morning Pages notebook which I brain dump into every morning.
  • My regular journal where I go into more details about what's going on in my life. It's also where I will stick 'stuff' I collect from different places I go and do.
  • The Writual Planner - I do a daily card draw, as well as a weekly, monthly and yearly card draws and this will be my 2nd year in this type of planner.
  • My reading journals - my first year of really trying to use one.

So for now, I am finalizing how I want 2022 to pan out, realizing a lot of it will be out of my control. However, there are home and garden projects to implement. Continuing on writing and ramping it up. Some website updates and rebranding...

Well, lots and lots and lots of ideas and plans and these planners will help me achieve these goals. 

And by the way, take a look at YouTube videos and you will see I have a minimal amount of planners as compared to a lot of other planner users! So don't judge! It works for me. 








Comments

Popular Posts