Food and Fun Friday - Before I Play Catch-Up...

It's been crazy, the past few weeks. Getting back into the work routine, a new store manager (who appears to be a dream come true), NaNoWriMo starting...

Well, you get the idea. But...

I have finished up a project for Lady K. The hat I made for her which she wears 24/7 - she wanted a scarf to go with it. And a furry pompom on it. However, I felt a cowl might actually be better since she wouldn't have to wind it around her neck and there wouldn't be an issue with it falling off.


She called me on FaceTime earlier this week, right after I finished up on the cowl, and I showed it to her. She thought there was only one pompom left, not three. I picked up a couple extra ones and added them to the cowl. More pompoms are always a good thing. 

However, for some reason I seem to be a little perplexed in the picture. Not sure why. But Lady K is excited about a three-pompom cowl. I'll see her next week and give it to her then. Right now, she is super excited about being back to school two days a week (we won't talk about how happy Texter is!).

In the kitchen I decided to try out a grilled cheese 'enhancement' one evening.
























One of the YouTubers I watch fixed a home delivery service grilled cheese sandwich. Hers was on sour dough bread with two kinds of cheddar cheese and caramelized apples. I didn't have sourdough bread and I used my Colby-Jack cheese and did the apples like she did and added them to the sandwich.

It was good. Not great, but different. I don't think, despite my love affair with sugar, I can wrap my head around a 'sweet' sandwich. OK, PBJ sandwiches are sweet, I admit, but you expect that. And give me a good Monte Cristo sandwich anyway and I'll love it. But not sure whether the apples with replace a regular grilled cheese sandwich.

Anyway...

I have done a bit on the blanket I will be gifting in December to Lady K's father's girlfriend's daughter (did you follow that?) and I need to really crank it up getting it done. I have about a month. 

On the food front, it's cleaning out the pantry and freezer and not buying anything the next couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Using what I have until there are leftovers from Thanksgiving.

And writing...lots and lots of writing!

Comments

Popular Posts