Seedy Saturday - Garden Still Going, Sortof


So here it is the end of November. We have had a few cold evenings the past month. However, the plants I was worried about are doing fine. I think between the palm tree and the enclosed side yard have really helped protect them.

The green beams have gotten 'nipped' and need to be pulled out. The lettuce is going strong. Well, let's face it, I need to do some tidying up in the side yard. 

But November has been hectic at work which kills my energy level. And with NaNoWriMo going on in November too, I just haven't gotten out there on my days off. But soon.

I am looking at seed catalogs and Miss Oklahoma is into 'winter sowing' which is an interesting concept. I also need to look up blueberry pruning in order to know when to cut it back properly. The same thing with my little grape vine. 

One of the things I want to do is to plant more beans this next summer. I'm not a squash eater which is a no-brainer for most people. It will probably be potatoes, green beans (pole-type to maximize space) a couple of peppers and tomatoes. 

And flowers! More flowers and herbs. 

However, in the meantime, I need to go through and tidy up the side yard and plan how many containers I need in the coming months. Planting potatoes isn't that far away. 

But first about 4000 more words for NaNoWriMo!





 

Comments

Popular Posts