Seedy Saturday - Lettuce, Green Beans and Plantbar!

 My 'green bean experiment' has yielded some results.


I picked at noon, cooked at four and ate at five. There were enough beans to make two nice helpings, so I have leftovers for another meal.

I paired the green beans with some shredded chicken I added some BBQ sauce to and made a salad with lettuce also picked from the garden.


My only 'problem' with my garden these days is 'Bird-Rat'!

I hung my bird feeder up and thought it was Bob, the no-tail squirrel eating from it. How he was getting up the metal poles was beyond me. And then I actually saw him! Not a squirrel, but a brown rat! A very fat brown rat!

I laid out rat bait and we thought we 'had' him. Savvy had heard some squeals from the yard and we didn't see him at the feeder for a couple of days. Plus the paper towels with peanut butter and rat bait were gone. Well, the paper towel and peanut butter was gone and the bait laying on the ground.

F***ing rat! 

So another round of laying out bait again. 

But on a more pleasant note...

I 'discovered' Plantbar!

When I took Savvy to work on Wednesday I detoured on my way home to check them out.


Since I was there at 10 in the morning I didn't get a drink (lol) but had a nice look around. It's a beautiful place and you can create your own terrariums while sipping a drink. Win-win!


Since it looked like I would be hitting my goal with NaNoWriMo to at least qualify for my first reward, I helped myself to some new plants. Well, maybe more than the one I had in mind. I came home with Philodendron Brazil, Stromanthe Magic Star and a baby Philodendron Monstera Split Leaf. 

They join my 'rescue from work' Kalanchoe. I had brought home two, but dropped one off on a neighbor's front porch.


My 'rescue from work' Christmas Cactus from last year is now tripled in size (or more). And after a summer outside on the side porch, it is now inside and blooming.


So all is going well in the garden, both outdoors and indoors. With the exception of 'Bird-Rat', who will be a memory shortly if all goes as planned. 
















Comments

Popular Posts