Food and Fun Friday - Cookie Dough Bites!

 One of the best, or worse, things about working at a grocery store is I am exposed to all the 'new' products which come out. Some I can pass by, like veggie spirals and riced veggies, but others I HAVE to try.


These are the new Betty Crocker No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites. 

They take 1/3 a cup of cream cheese to make, so a no-brainer for me was to make 3 boxes of them so I could use up a full block of cream cheese. I didn't make the lemon ones, but I did pick up the other three flavors.

Wednesday evening, after running errands all day, I decided to make the bites. Thirty minutes later I had all three boxes made! Talk about simple.

The hardest part of the whole thing is to get the butter and cream cheese incorporated into the mix. The you first start you think there is no way such a little amount of 'stuff' is going to pull it all together. But it does work. 

After that, it's simply a matter of rolling 18 balls from the dough. Simple!


Even melting the chocolate and drizzling it on top is super simple. I recommend placing an empty plastic bag in a cup so you can easily scrape the melted chocolate into the bag. Close it and squish all the chocolate to one corner and snip off a tiny, tiny bit of the corner of the bag and drizzle away. 

This is a great project to do with younger kids. It's quick and easy and something they can help with, like rolling the balls, and it's over and done with. No labor or time intensive cooking to be done.

Savvy found them in the fridge immediately upon coming from from work. So I separated out some for her and her co-workers. The rest I took into my work to get rid of the rest of them. 

Definitely, something I can recommend. Quick, easy, and yummy!




Comments

Popular Posts