Positive Focus - Thanksgiving Did Happen

 I have to admit not many people actually thought we would still be dealing with covid-19 all these months later. Or how much it has changed our lives. On the upside, our to-go service at the store reached milestones the past couple of weeks. 

With Savvy and I both in retail, Thanksgiving was our day off and we were keeping it small. Well, as small as I am capable of doing.

Because Mr. RaceCar was going with a friend to Vegas over Thanksgiving, I took Lady K after work on Tuesday, returning her home Thanksgiving afternoon late. 





































Aunt Savvy and Lady K played some Animal Crossing together while I was doing this...


I had spent Wednesday running errands. One of those errands was taking Savvy to my store to exchange dollar bills for change. In Thanksgiving rush hour traffic. The good thing about this 'errand' was I took back roads rather than the highway to get her back to her store. And we went through some cute little towns which gave us ideas for a day trip or two.

Anyway...

Thursday morning was up early and cooking away.


A couple of chocolate pies was about the only dessert I made. The rest of the meal was all our old favorites we can't drop for something new. 


The meal was quick and simple and I am enjoying leftovers zapped in the microwave after work. I took leftovers to Texter when I dropped Lady K back home. And a Gamestop friend came and picked up some leftovers as his family wasn't doing anything for Thanksgiving. Well, actually, no so much that as the fact he is a very fit 6'2" guy who gave me a big hug and calls me 'Mama Judy'. What can I say, I'm easy.

Based on orders I filled and comments from customers, most of them were cutting back on gatherings and carrying food over to parents or other family members rather than everyone getting together. 

I feel a bit like the end of "The Grinch That Stole Christmas" where despite all the presents being gone, Christmas happened anyway. Thanksgiving happened anyway. Maybe not what we all through it would be or what Thanksgiving was in the past, but it happened despite everything. 

Now onto Christmas!








Comments

Popular Posts