Positive Focus Sunday - Finding Your Tribe in Trying Times

 I don't think there is anyone in the whole world who can claim 2020 has been a 'normal' year. It has been challenging to just about anyone, of any age, both mentally and physically.

At one time I would have disagreed with the premise you need to find your 'tribe'. People who accept you with all your warts and scars and are there for you. As I have gotten older, I have found you need the more and more.

Now that's not to say they don't give you a slap down when needed and don't necessarily sugar-coat the truth, but behind it all they are there to support and encourage.


This is my tribe. And even 2500 miles away, they are still there on a daily basis to make me laugh, to let me rant and to let me just be silly. And to offer to help bury the bodies if needed. 

Over the years I have had other groups or tribes. For several years there was a whole group of us who did needlework together. This group was pre-internet/Facebook. But we all supported each other, listened to each other at our weekly bitch-n-stitch and aided and abetted each other with our needlework addiction. 

In these 'troubled times', having people you can talk to, rant to, give your support to, are more important that ever. This is not the time to take what I call the "John Wayne Approach" and be the strong, silent, I'll handle it myself, type. Lean a bit on others. Let others lean a bit on you. It's the best therapy you can have. 


Comments

Popular Posts