Writing Wednesday - NaNoWriMo 2020 - Day 4


Like many, I am awaiting news on who the new (or old) president will be. Unfortunately, I am not anticipating this with excitement, but rather with dread. But what will be, will be.

Anyway...

I have today and tomorrow off. And I have NO plans to do anything but write and get my word count up for NaNoWriMo.

I do have to say having the set-up I started with for this year's NaNoWriMo has really helped. I have chapter ideas already laid out and I can pull a card and just write. I don't have to think about where or what I need to be doing. 

On my first writing sprint this morning I got in 650 words in 25 minutes. My plan today is to do 'writing sprints' rather than just sitting and writing. 


I want to get in 2400 words a day rather than the 1667 which is the usual NaNoWriMo daily word count to hit 50,000. The plan is to get 60,000 words in for the month and have it by the 25th of November in order to end before Thanksgiving Day.

Unfortunately, I am already 3337 words behind schedule. Work is wiping me out, plus I had some errands I needed running on Monday and Tuesday. But I want to make up the word count and then get ahead some over the next couple of days.

My name list has been found. I had 'lost' it and now it is found, so I don't have to struggle as hard with generating names for my characters go along. I feel even more positive. 

If I stay on track and make up word count, I will be over 10,000 words by tomorrow. Which means I can 'reward' myself with a small plan. And there is a new plant place I need to check out. 

Stay tuned for updates. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts