Food and Fun Friday - Chicken, Cookies and Crochet!

 The past week has been busy with the start of NaNoWriMo and the Thanksgiving season at work. We have been busting butt at work with to-go orders. Our goal is 300 in a week! 

Anyway...

Last Friday, both Savvy and I were off and I decided to try Joshua Weismann's Hainanese Chicken recipe. And since I had dumped most of a container of oatmeal in the pantry and needed to clean it out, I decided to make some cookies too. Chocolate Chip with Walnuts and then with the same dough recipe, I made Date/Craisins/Walnut cookies. 






While we both enjoyed the dinner, I loved the broth just by itself, with maybe a bit of chicken in there. It is really good, flavored with garlic and ginger.

I took two plates of cookies into my work and Savvy took one plate into her work. One plate has stayed at home and I am slowly making my way through the cookies with a mug of milk before bed!

While not trying to get words down on paper (or computer rather), I have been making a bit of progress on a couple of crochet projects.


This is a scarf to match the hat for Lady K. Actually, I am using a cowl pattern and will go ahead and join the ends. That way she can wear it without the danger of it falling off. And it will be long enough she can double it up around her neck.


And the big throw blanket for movie watching is coming along. It's a toss up which I want to give attention to, NaNoWriMo or the blanket. 

This week has been mainly leftovers from the previous Friday's cooking. And discovering a New Mexican restaurant. There probably won't be any 'new' cooking going on with Thanksgiving around the corner. I'll be cooking for that and what the girls are actually looking forward to are the leftovers and having them turned into 'Thanksgiving Eggrolls'.

But for now, more writing for NaNoWriMo!
















Comments

Popular Posts