Seedy Saturday - Still Chugging Along

 While the season has changed, I think. Mainly because one day it's in the 70's-80's and the next it's in the 60's, I'm confused. But the garden is still chugging along. (And Bird-Rat has a friend and it's all out war - after the rain goes away.)

I have lots of lettuce and will be picking another small batch of beans in the next couple of days. 


But look at my pineapple sage! All of a sudden it shot up and put out all these lovely right red flowers. Against the almost neon green of the leaves, it looks fantastic. And I'm watching the flowers so I can grab some seed hopefully. 

And see that drooping marigold. These are some really 'bushy' marigolds which are hanging on like crazy. It's an Inca Orange Marigold and they have really performed well for me - despite everything I do and don't do.

In the front garden, where I have stuck things and walked away...







If I remember correctly, these are the remains of the Easter Lilies I brought home and plopped in the ground. In the flower bed from hell. (Yes, that is grass beside them.) But there are leaves coming up beside where a stem was. So I'm hoping they will survive the winter and come back in the spring. Not sure about the calla lilies I planted in the bed. But the gardenia bush looks good and have hopes it has established itself and will produce some delicious smelling flowers next summer.


Another 'rescue' plant from last year is blooming indoors for me, lending some color to my wall of green. 

So fall into winter doesn't have to be a barren time of year. There is still growth out there!




Comments

Popular Posts